John F. Calvin
John F. Calvin is an attorney with Hirzel Law, PLC. He focuses his practice on community association law, condominium law, litigation and real estate law. Mr. Calvin represents condominium associations and homeowners associations in collecting unpaid assessments, enforcing bylaws and restrictive covenants, and in matters relating to probate issues, creditors’ rights in bankruptcy, civil rights violations, foreclosure issues, and other real estate and corporate matters. In addition to being an experienced litigator, Mr. Calvin routinely attends community association meetings and has a great deal of experience navigating corporate governance issues. He has been recognized as a Michigan “Rising Star” by SuperLawyers in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. This prestigious award is given to no more than 2.5% of the attorneys in Michigan each year.
- Michigan “Rising Star” in real estate law by Super Lawyers Magazine (2016-2019). Designation given to no more than 2.5% of the attorneys in Michigan each year.
- Decision-Making Rights of Teen Parents, Michigan Child Welfare Law Journal, Summer 2009.
- Don’t be Disabled by Reasonable Accommodation Requests, Michigan Community Association News.
- Restrictive Covenants Limiting use of Private Park Land, SBM Real Property Law Section, March 2019
University of Michigan Law School
Juris Doctor, 2010
- Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review, Contributing Editor
Wayne State University
Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, 2008
- Alpha Sigma Lamda, National Honor Society for Nontraditional Adult Studies
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan