Michigan HOA Attorneys
Kayleigh B. Long, Attorney
Kayleigh B. Long is an attorney with Hirzel Law, PLC and focuses her practice in the areas of appellate law, community association law and civil litigation. Ms. Long received her Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies from Indiana University. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Long joined Teach for America, teaching kindergarten in Harper Woods, Michigan and southeast Washington, D.C., and received a Master of Arts in Teaching from Oakland University. Ms. Long then obtained her Juris Doctor degree from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where she graduated in the top 5 of her class and served as the Senior Executive Editor on the Indiana Law Review. Her law review note was published in the Indiana Law Review, and she has published articles in the Denver Law Review and Michigan Real Property Review. Ms. Long was named a Michigan Super Lawyer’s Rising Star in Real Estate Law in 2020, an award given to only 2.5% of the attorneys in Michigan each year.
- IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law Dean’s List
- IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law Silver Level Award for Pro Bono Service
- Michigan “Rising Star” in real estate law by Super Lawyers Magazine (2020). Designation given to no more than 2.5% of the attorneys in Michigan each year.
- Assessing Online Learning in Law Schools: Students Say Online Classes Deliver, Denver University Law Review, 96 Den. L. Rev. 493 (2019).
- Indiana’s Charter Schools: Taking a Holistic Approach to Determine Their Constitutional Legality, 51 Ind. L. Rev. 797 (2018).
- Reaction to Huffman and Adams: Online Simulation Courses, 51 Ind. L. Rev. 427 (2018).
- The Evolving Landscape of Housing Sex Discrimination Claims, 47 Mich. Real Prop. Rev. 19 (2020).
- How to Avoid Common Pitfalls of the Fair Housing Act, Farmington MI, October 2019
- Reopening your Community Association after Coronavirus, Webinar, June 2020
- How to Avoid Common Pitfalls of the Fair Housing Act, Webinar, September 2020
- Case Law Update, Webinar, January 2021
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, 2018
- Senior Executive Editor, Indiana Law Review
Master of Arts in Teaching, 2014
Bachelor of Arts, International Studies, magna cum laude, 2012
Farmington MI Office
37085 Grand River Ave, Ste 200
Farmington, MI 48335
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm