Community Association Institute National Law Seminar – Millennials: Learn how America’s largest generation will impact legal issues in Community Associations (Palm Springs, CA)
Date: 1/23/19 – 1/26/19
Location: The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, 123 Baronne Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, US
Details: This seminar is a 4 day event sponsored by CAI’s College of Community Association Lawyers. The cost is $649 for CAI members that register before December 7, 2018 and $699 after December 7, 2018. The cost is $749 for non-CAI members that register before December 7, 2018 and $ 795 that register after December 7, 2018. For additional information please click here. Kevin Hirzel will be presenting on religious issues in community associations at a seminar entitled “Religion in Community Associations: Fair Housing or Free Speech? Thou Shalt Not Violate the Law.”
Traverse City Community Association Seminar: Hosted by Monarch Management
Date: November 15, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Cathedral Barn 1500 Red Drive, Traverse City, MI 49684
Details: This seminar will address the most recent emerging trends in the area of condominium law. Herb Dorow from Maris Brown Insurance Group will also be presenting on insurance issues impacting condominium associations.
The seminar is free to attend, but please RSVP to email@example.com to provide a head count by October 19, 2018.
Michigan Association of Condominium Associations (MACA) Fall Conference (Grand Rapids, MI)
Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market, 435 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Details: Meet with MACA representatives and professionals, ask questions, and learn the ins-and-outs of operating a Michigan condominium association. Kevin Hirzel will be presenting on the latest trends in Michigan Condominium law.
The seminar is free for MACA members and $25 for non-members. Register here.
State Bar of Michigan – Real Property Law Section
Summer Conference (Crystal Mountain – Thompsonville, MI)
Date: July 20, 2018
Location: Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Dr, Thompsonville, MI 49683
Details: We will be hosting a breakfast roundtable on corporate governance in community associations and discussing the latest case law and legislative changes.
Michigan Association of Condominium Associations (MACA)
Director Boot Camp (Livonia, MI)
Date: June 18, 2018
Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Location: Livonia Public Library, 32777 5 Mile Road, Livonia, MI 48154
Details: Meet with MACA representatives and professionals, ask questions, and learn the ins-and-outs of operating a Michigan condominium association. Common topics covered in a condominium director boot camp are as follows:
- The difference between general common elements, limited common elements and units in a Michigan condominium.
- The types of books and records that are kept by a Michigan condominium association and the inspection requirements for the books and records.
- The role of directors, officers, committees and property managers in a Michigan condominium association.
- The fiduciary duty of directors and officers of a Michigan condominium association.
- How the board of directors of a Michigan condominium association can properly take action at a board meeting and outside of board meeting.
- How to take meeting minutes for a meeting of the board of directors and the entire condominium association.
- The requirements for electronic participation in condominium association meetings pursuant to MCL 450.2405 of the Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act.
- How to have the condominium association take a vote in lieu of having an in person meeting pursuant to MCL 450.2402, MCL 450.2408 and MCL 450.2409 of the Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act.
- Tips for budgeting and entering into contracts with vendors of the condominium association.
- Effective strategies that a condominium association can employ to enforce the condominium bylaws.
- This seminar is only for condominium directors. The seminar is free for MACA members and $25 for non-members. Register here.
Hirzel Law, PLC
37085 Grand River Ave., Ste 200
Farmington, MI 48335