Michigan Condo Attorneys
Brandan Hallaq, Senior Attorney
Brandan A. Hallaq is a senior attorney with Hirzel Law, PLC where he litigates cases involving defective construction, contract disputes, shareholder/member disputes, quiet title actions to determine interests in property, enforcement of restrictive covenants, real estate foreclosure actions, and bankruptcy matters representing creditors. Mr. Hallaq is a contributor to the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) on the topic of residential real estate transactions. Mr. Hallaq is also a licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Michigan and leads the real estate transactions department at Hirzel Law, PLC where he negotiates and prepares the necessary documents for business and real estate transactions, including purchase agreements, franchise agreements, loan/financing documents, and commercial and residential leases and mortgages. In each year from 2018 through 2020, he has been recognized as a Rising Star in the area of real estate law by Super Lawyers Magazine, a designation that is given to no more than 2.5% of the attorneys in the State of Michigan each year. He was also recognized as a 2020 Up & Coming Lawyer by Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly, an award given to no more than 30 attorneys in the state each year, and he was recognized in the inaugural issue of the 2021 Best Lawyers in America: “Ones to Watch” list for professional excellence in real estate law. Mr. Hallaq obtained his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Wayne State University Law School where he served as an editor on the Wayne Law Review. Prior to joining Hirzel Law, PLC, Mr. Hallaq worked for a Federal Judge and in a Fortune 500 corporation’s in-house legal department. Mr. Hallaq also currently serves as a co-chair of the Residential Transactions and Finance Committee for the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
- Association of Corporate Counsel Michigan Scholarship Award
- Wayne State University Law School Dean’s Scholar
- Michigan “Rising Star” in real estate law by Super Lawyers Magazine (2018–2022). Designation given to no more than 2.5% of the attorneys in Michigan each year.
- “10 Best” 2018 Client Satisfaction award from the American Institute of Legal Counsel TM. A significant achievement recognized by the American Institute of Legal Counsel. The AIOLC looks for attorneys who have achieved unparalleled success in their field but mostly have done so for the benefit of their clients.
- 2020 Up & Coming Lawyer by Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly, an award given to no more than 30 attorneys in the state each year.
- 2021, 2022, 2023 Best Lawyers in America: “Ones to Watch” list for professional excellence in Real Estate Law.
- 2024 Best Lawyers in America: “Ones to Watch” list for professional excellence in Real Estate Law, Construction Law, and Litigation – Real Estate.
- Everything your Community Association needs to know about collecting assessments, Farmington MI, August 2019
- Everything your Community Association needs to know about collecting assessments, Webinar, April 2020
- Everything your Community Association needs to know about collecting assessments, Webinar, February 2021
- Attorney Q&A, 2023 CAI Michigan Annual Conference & Expo, March 3, 2023.
- Major Revisions to the Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act: Why Michigan Associations Should Take Note, Michigan Real Property Review published by the Real Property Law Section State Bar of Michigan, Summer 2015.
- In Re Fuqua: An Examination of the Consequences of Utilizing Various Methods of Valuation in Bankruptcy Proceedings, Wayne Law Review, 62 Wayne L. Rev. 273 (2017).
- Michigan Court of Appeals Rules MCL 566.132 No Longer Permits Equitable Claims for Real Estate Commissions, State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section, January 2023.
Wayne State University Law School
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2016
- Assistant Editor, Law Review
Wayne State University
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, cum laude, 2013
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit