Being an owner or co-owner in a Fenton, Michigan condominium or homeowners association (HOA) can provide many benefits and amenities. However, living in a community association with other owners and co-owners means that there is the potential for legal issues to arise. If issues challenging a community association are left ignored or handled by a person without the proper qualifications, these problems have the potential to grow into time-consuming and expensive legal matters.
At Hirzel Law, PLC, our team condo and HOA lawyers are award-winning negotiators and problem solvers. We understand the laws governing Michigan community associations and that each condo and HOA has their own, unique set of challenges.
Condo and HOA Lawyers Providing Legal Counsel to Fenton, Michigan Community Associations
An experienced lawyer that can protect the community’s interests’ is a vital component to the successful operation of Fenton, Michigan condominiums and homeowners associations. The condo and HOA lawyers at Hirzel Law, PLC can help Fenton, Michigan community associations with the following:
- Amendment and enforcement of bylaws, covenants, declarations, and deed restrictions
- Collection of unpaid dues and assessments
- Compliance with federal, state, and local laws, governing community associations such as the:
- Condominium construction defects
- Developer turnover
- Drafting and review of third-party contracts
- Establishment of condominium rules and regulations
- Fair Housing defense
- General counsel
Lawyers Amending Fenton, Michigan Condominium and Homeowners Association Bylaws
The condominium and homeowners association lawyers at Hirzel Law, PLC can help Fenton, Michigan condo and HOA clients operate smoothly and avoid litigation by reviewing and amending community bylaws when necessary. Common indicators that a community association is due to amend their bylaws include:
- Articles of incorporation are dated before January 15, 2018
- The bylaws were drafted by the subdivision developers’ attorney
- Current issues are not addressed
- Presence of conflicting provisions
- Absence of adequate enforcement mechanisms
- Unclear or convoluted language
- The covenants, declarations, or deed restrictions are difficult to amend
Well-written and current HOA bylaws — and other governing documents — is just one way the condo and HOA lawyers at Hirzel Law, PLC can provide Fenton, Michigan clients with peace of mind. Our condominium and homeowners association lawyers can educate clients and represent their community interests throughout the bylaw amendment process. The process, which can be time-consuming, involves:
- Completing questionnaire for input
- Submission of first draft to the community association board
- Community association board approval of draft and an information meeting is held for owner feedback
- Vote or signatures (some HOA documents only require signatures)
- Recording if approved
The condo and HOA lawyers at Hirzel Law, PLC can help determine if it is time for the bylaws to be amended in your Fenton, Michigan community association and the best course of action in doing so.
Responsive Michigan Condo and HOA Lawyers Serving Clients in Fenton
The team of attorneys at Hirzel Law, PLC is composed of award-winning condo and HOA lawyers that can offer quality representation for Fenton, Michigan condominium and homeowners associations. Regardless of if you are a condominium developer, own a home in a community association, are a co-owner in a condominium association, or serve on a community association board, our lawyers can help.
We fully understand how unique and complex the challenges that condominium and homeowners associations may face and our condo and HOA lawyers are prepared to help. Contact Hirzel Law online or call 248-986-2921 (Farmington) or 231-486-5600 (Traverse City) or 616-319-9964 (Grand Rapids office) to learn how our Michigan condo and HOA lawyers can help your Fenton, Michigan community association today.