Diversity & Inclusion
At Hirzel Law, our employees comprise a diverse group of individuals with varied backgrounds who reflect the communities that we serve in Michigan and Illinois. We believe that promoting an environment of diversity and inclusion improves the lives of our team members and enhances our ability to provide excellent services to our clients.
We understand that actions speak louder than words, and the list below highlights some of the activities and initiatives that show Hirzel Law’s dedication to diversity and inclusion:
- The firm is involved in the Oakland County Bar Association Foundation and the contributions made to that foundation go towards providing legal services and education to underserved communities and individuals within Oakland County.
- We maintain a flexible work arrangement policy which helps team members maintain work/life balance.
- The Lady Lawyers Committee was established to promote gender diversity and inclusivity within the legal profession, and to support and empower our female attorneys.
- Hirzel Law’s commitment to diversity and inclusion extends to its attorneys having provided pro bono legal services to asylum seekers facing persecution in their own countries.
- Hirzel Law observes and celebrates Juneteenth as a firm-wide holiday.
- Supportive of selective choice of personal pronouns.