Michigan Condo Attorneys
Tracy Danner-Bond, Senior Attorney
Tracy N. Danner-Bond is a Senior Attorney with Hirzel Law. She graduated from Michigan State University with Honors in 1993, where she obtained her Bachelor of Arts in General Business Administration-Prelaw and was a member of the Spartan Marching Band and Spartan Brass. Ms. Danner-Bond earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 1997, where she was the Managing Editor of the University of Detroit Mercy Law Review and a member of the American Inn of Court. Prior to joining Hirzel Law, Ms. Danner-Bond was an attorney at Zelmanski, Danner & Fioritto since 2004, becoming a partner at the Firm in 2010. Ms. Danner-Bond previously practiced estate planning, probate, and tax law with a firm in downtown Ann Arbor.
In addition to being certified in probate and estate planning law by The Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Ms. Danner-Bond has extensive experience in Community Association Law. She handles assessment collection matters, lien foreclosure, bylaw enforcement, governing document amendments, as well as FHA certification issues. Ms. Danner-Bond has presented lectures on Community Association topics for United Condominium Owners of Michigan, the Michigan Chapter of the Condominium Association Institute, Zelmanski, Danner & Fiorittio’s Condominium and HOA Board Education and Training (B.E.A.T.) program, and various Canton Township events.
Ms. Danner-Bond has been licensed to practice law in Michigan since 1998 and is admitted to practice before the United States Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the United States Tax Court. Ms. Danner-Bond successfully argued before the Court of Appeals in Wells Fargo Bank v Country Place Condominium Association, 304 Mich App 582 (2014), a published case that established the meaning of “acquisition of title” with respect to liability for assessments levied on the foreclosed condominium unit after a lender foreclosure sale: from the foreclosure sale date forward, not at the end of the redemption period. Ms. Danner-Bond also successfully argued before the Court of Appeals in Federal National Mortgage Association v Lagoons Forest Condominium Association, 305 Mich App 258 (2014), a published case that ruled a lender grantee of a condominium unit who takes title via quitclaim deed following a mortgage foreclosure sale is the successor and assign of the foreclosing lender. The lender grantee is liable for assessments levied on the foreclosed condominium unit from the foreclosure sale date forward.
Ms. Danner-Bond served 8 years on the Board of Directors for her own condominium association in Canton, Michigan. This first-hand experience as a Co-owner and Director, in addition to being a Community Association Attorney, allows her to relate well to the many challenges that Community Association Boards face each day.
Ms. Danner-Bond resides in Plymouth with her husband, two children, and their rescue dog. She has numerous interests, including spending time with family and friends, riding her Harley, reading (and listening to audio books), cooking, and traveling.
- Michigan State University Bachelor of Arts in General Business Administration-Prelaw with Honors
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Managing Editor, University of Detroit Mercy Law Review
- Member, American Inn of Court
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
- Lecturer, United Condominium Owners of Michigan, Community Association Topics
- Speaker, Michigan Chapter of the Condominium Association Institute
- Speaker, HOA Board Education and Training (B.E.A.T.) Program
- Speaker, Canton Chamber of Commerce Mast-HER-Mind Seminar – Estate Planning
- Speaker, Canton Township Neighborhood Know How – Attorney Roundtable
- The New FHA Requirements for Condominium Mortgages
- Tracy N. Danner-Bond and Melissa D. Francis, If the Sky Falls, Are You Prepared? Association Emergency Preparedness in the Wake of the Surfside Condominium Collapse, State Bar of Michigan Real Property Review, Vol. 49, No. 1, Winter, 2022.
- Tracy N. Danner, Casenote, 73 Det. Mercy L. Rev. 833 (1996)
University of Detroit Mercy Law School
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1997
- Managing Editor, Law Review
- Member, American Inn of Court
Michigan State University
Bachelor of Arts, General Business/Pre-Law, cum laude, 1993
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Tax Court