Traverse City Condominium and HOA Lawyers
If you run a condominium or homeowners association in Traverse City, securing a knowledgeable condo and HOA attorney can assure you that your condominium or HOA is in compliance with the law. The attorneys at Hirzel Law, PLC, are in our Traverse City office represent condominium and homeowners associations in Traverse City and throughout Michigan. Our award-winning team of litigators represents our client’s best interest, acting as trusted consultants to aid their success. If your condo or homeowners association in Traverse City needs legal advice, our dynamic team of condominium and HOA lawyers are prepared to help.
Why should my HOA or Condominium Association Hire a Homeowners’ Association Attorney?
A wide range of legal complications can occur while running a condominium or homeowners association in Traverse City, Michigan. Condo and HOA’s often encounter legal issues with:
In these cases, having an experienced HOA lawyer in your corner can relieve stress and make the challenges involved with managing a condominium or homeowners association easier to handle.
When you secure the services of our condo and HOA attorneys, you reap the benefits of our many resources. If your Traverse City condominium or homeowners associations need legal help, Hirzel Law’s team of attorneys are ready to fight for your interests.
HOA and Condominium Association Attorney in Traverse City, Michigan
The range of potential legal challenges that HOAs and condominium associations confront encourages most people who operate them to hire a skilled legal professional trained to help.
Hirzel Law’s attorneys are dedicated to supporting condominium and homeowners associations in Traverse City. We handle a wide range of legal difficulties while ensuring compliance with the Michigan Condominium Act. Our team of attorneys has been instrumental to the success of hundreds of condominium and homeowners associations across Michigan in many challenging legal circumstances. Some of the ways that our lawyers can help are described below:
- HOA and Condominium Association Collections – Assessments collected by the condominium and homeowners association are intended to pay for vital services in the community. However, property owners may forget to pay or disregard this necessary cost in a well-run community association. The lawyers at Hirzel Law help condo or homeowners associations collect these unpaid fees when property owners are delinquent by:
- Filing HOA Liens
- Foreclosing on HOA Liens
- Filing lawsuits against property owners to obtain money judgments
- HOA and Condo Contracts –The fulfillment of contracts for required services is a necessary component of managing a condo or HOA in Traverse City, Michigan. Legal professionals, like those at Hirzel Law, resolve vendor issues associated with a breach of contract for:
- Construction work
- General maintenance
- Modification agreements
- Internet and cable services
- Developer Liability – When developers transfer control of their condo associations to the co-owners, our attorneys can prevent complications that may occur and help condo and HOAs navigate challenging matters, such as:
- Construction defects
- Financial audits and reviews
- Fulfillment of express and implied warranties
- Funding the reserve fund
- Issues under MCL 559.167 related to the elimination of “need not be built” units
- Unlawful reconfiguration of a condominium
- Unpaid fees or expenses
- Condo and HOA Insurance Protection – Difficulties with insurance providers are always problematic. Still, all condominium and homeowners associations should acquire appropriate insurance coverage and policies in case of emergencies, including:
- Crime or vandalism
- Directors’ and officers’ insurance
- Crime or Fidelity bond coverage
- Workers’ compensation
- Condo and HOA Rules and Regulations – The board of directors that oversee HOA and condominium associations in Traverse City is permitted to enforce reasonable rules and regulations that all members must follow. Some of these rules that Hirzel Law’s legal team can help draft involve:
- Architectural development
- Codes of conduct
- Collection Policies
- Bylaw enforcement policies
- Fair Housing Act accommodation policies
- Satellite dish/antenna rules
- Parking rules
- Pet policies
Continuing Legal Support for Condo and HOAs in Traverse City
Condominiums and homeowners associations in Traverse City and throughout Michigan frequently deal with legal issues. For that reason, most condo and HOA representatives need reliable legal support throughout the year. Hirzel Law offers a comprehensive Premium Service Plan for Traverse City condominiums and HOAs to address such needs for ongoing legal aid.
Clients who utilize our Premium Service Plan enjoy less stress with the assurance that legal professionals are continuously advocating for their best pursuits. Through the Premium Service Plan, clients gain access to resources and advantages that include:
- Year-long access to Hirzel Law webinars for all board members
- Preparing a Condominium or HOA Report Card for associated governing documents
- Representation from Hirzel Law as the Resident Agent for the condo or homeowners association
- Opportunities to ask general questions
- Access to our online collection portal to monitor HOA collections status
- Admittance to our online library of standardized condo and HOA forms
- Reviews of any HOA Board Meeting minutes
- A complimentary copy of Hirzel’s Handbook
Having a seasoned condominium and HOA lawyer in your corner is key to the success of any community association that must comply with Michigan condominium and homeowners association laws. Our Premium Service Plan is the ideal solution for Traverse City community associations that could benefit from reliable legal support all year long.
Legal Assistance from Experienced Condo and HOA Lawyers in Traverse City
There is no denying that condo and HOA lawyers play a vital role in community associations. They act as the HOA board of directors’ and representatives’ counsel, informing them on the best practices and turning them away from legal responsibility.
At Hirzel Law, PLC, our Michigan HOA attorneys have won various awards for our commitment to our clients, including the 2020 Detroit Free Press Best of the Best Community Association Choice award for top law firm. Our attorneys have effectively represented hundreds of condominiums and HOAs in Michigan and continue to deliver strategic legal support to the Traverse City community and its surrounding areas. Talk to one of our knowledgeable condo and HOA attorneys about your situation in Traverse City today by calling 231-486-5600 or complete an online contact form.