Michigan Construction Lawyers
Real Estate Law Practice Areas
Areas We Serve
Construction Attorneys in Michigan Assisting with Complex Issues
Construction and design defect claims are highly complex and riddled with technical issues that can make or break a case. Accordingly, it is important to work with an experienced construction law attorney if your builder has delivered a substandard building.
What Does a Construction Lawyer Do?
The construction lawyers at Hirzel Law provide legal representation and advice about buildings or construction projects. We offer advice to organizations at various levels of the contracting chain. Some of the people we serve include property owners, developers, tenants, project managers, trade contractors, suppliers, and consultants. The Hirzel Law construction lawyers are knowledgeable on construction contracts and can advise any party to a construction agreement on issues such as delays, variations, and defects.
Our construction lawyers also represent our clients in court, filing pleadings, answering questions, and responding to complaints. The Hirzel Law construction lawyers also review documents such as contracts, floor plans, inspection reports, and blueprints and use them as exhibits in a court of law while prosecuting a case or defending a client.
Besides litigating on behalf of our clients, our construction lawyers offer legal advice regarding general construction issues, property line disputes, project bidding, and other issues. Firms may hire construction lawyers when they need help drafting legal documents such as purchase agreements or liquidation agreements.
How Can a Michigan Real Estate Lawyer Help with Construction Defects?
The main area a construction lawyer covers is related to design defects, issues with materials or poor workmanship. A construction lawyer will typically start by sending a demand letter and may pursue litigation if the construction defects are not repaired. They also defend clients who are having claims pursued against them. Those clients can include developers and contractors, public or private owners, or any client involved in the construction industry chain.
We help builders, developers, and contractors who are facing construction defect claims from unhappy clients. We investigate claims thoroughly to understand what work was promised, what was delivered and determine how to defend our clients’ interests.
If you have built a home or business property, you have put substantial time and resources into having it done properly. If a builder’s mistake or misconduct has caused problems with the construction or design of your property, you may have recourse under the law.
At Hirzel Law, we represent individual homeowners, builders, developers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and others in transactional and disputed construction law matters. Our construction law services include:
- Litigation of all construction matters
- Drafting construction contracts
- Drafting and filing construction lien related documents
- Advising clients regarding construction lien issues
- Representing owners who have had faulty construction or where a builder has abandoned the project
- Drafting warranties and other necessary documents
- Resolving payment disputes including actions to enforce construction liens, against construction bonds, and for violations of the Builders Trust Fund Act
- Resolving disputes arising out of construction projects
Should You Hire a Lawyer for a Construction Contract?
Successful construction projects require collaboration between multiple parties including owners, architects, contractors, and investors. Because of the large number of moving parts in construction projects, the potential for disagreements is high, making it important to have an experienced team of construction lawyers protecting your interests.
Below are three reasons you need to hire an experienced construction attorney:
- Create and review effective contracts: Construction projects can involve tight schedules and large amounts of money. Before getting financially involved with a project, you need to make sure your interests are protected in writing. This can be done by creating an effective contract. The construction litigation team at Hirzel Law can help you draft or review construction contracts to protect you in case of disputes or non-payment.
- Dispute resolution: If a dispute occurs between any of the parties involved in a construction project, it’s crucial to have an experienced construction attorney represent you as soon as possible. Typical disputes during projects include breach of contract, professional negligence, construction defects, and payment issues. Hirzel Law has the attorneys to successfully represent your case and will work to find fair solutions through mediation or in a trial.
- Permitting and regulation guidance: Regulations, licenses, and permits can stall a construction project no matter the size. An attorney can help you navigate the legal requirements for a project and ensure you are up to code before and during construction.
Contact Our Michigan Construction Lawyers to Help Solve Your Complex Issues
At Hirzel Law, PLC, our Michigan construction lawyers can help with your complex issues. We stand by our clients, offering the highest quality legal representation and promptly responding to our clients’ needs.